Sunday 13 March 2016

She had wings ...

... but sometimes she was scared to use them.



 Since doing the CHSI Stitches I've been having anxiety dreams virtually every night.  The dreams are full on, fast paced, technicolour Hollywood couldn't make up this storyline of jumbled together action and images. They are waking me up (or it could be the cough lingering on my chest and / or he sinuses lingering in my head) and I lay there with a what the  .... was that all about???????

So here is my take on an art doll, she isn't funky or quirky or arty, she hasn't got riot girl striped legs or punky hair who glares at you on the bus with bright red lipstick and Goth girl heavy Kohl make-up .  No, she is a shy shabby style peg doll, who takes the window seat on the bus, takes out her crochet, lays it in her lap and stares out of the window dreaming about what ifs. 


Lots of layers of PaperArtsy paint and paper on the heart, sanding and scratching and flicking to get the distress look.  The wings are a MDF butterfly, crackle glazed, distressed and stamped.

Her dress is a piece of muslin stamped with various PaperArtsy A6 plates, her hair is some thin linen floss and her arms are rusty wire. 


As she gets off the bus at her stop, he swings her basket of crochet, gives a tiny skip and a flap of her wings and although its a bit scary not walking on the ground, she smiles to herself as it feels good and exciting to take that step and try out the what ifs.

Hugs
Jo
xx

14 comments:

  1. Jo, she is beautiful, you can also see there's something very fragile about her... She's just lovely. I can so relate to you about the anxiety dreams....I suffer with them too :0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shabby peg doll, all the distressed elements make the whole project just perfect for this challenge. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. your shabby peg doll is gorgeous, Jo! hope the dreams subside soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she is just perfect, Jo! She looks quite vulnerable but I also think she is very artistic and just right for an art doll,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little lady she is Jo and I love the story about her. Lots of your wonderful signature layering.....she's adorable!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love her! What a perfect creation, every texture and muted color - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty peg doll. Lovely shabby chic, fab the folding fan and her eyelashes. She looks happy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Art Doll is so fabulous.love that vintage style......right up my street

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hanya dengan 1 user ID resmi para bettors sudah bisa bermain games yang ada di IDNlive ini, selain itu dalam hal bertransaksi di idnlive online ini juga sangat mudah dan tidak rumit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!