Sunday 21 September 2014

Fish supper

So I have my art journal out on the table whenever I'm painting, so I can use the excess paint and clean my brush a bit.

Today I've been working on a new piece (A4 size) to go in one of the frames on my stair wall and this page in the journal is the mop up of that piece.

It feels good to use the journal and use up some of the "extras" like the water colour paper and the second ATC.I cut and made just in case I didnt like the first one!


The background is is various PaperArtsy chalk finish blues with some stencilling and stamping with blue shades of Archival Inks.  Walnut Stain Distress Ink added and spritzed with water to give the water marks.


The ATC was made from a scrap of blue card, some book paper with Inky Pool as a first layer and then Blue Ice and Inky Pool as a top layer.  A crackle stamp from Blu Indigo in Watering Can Archival and then the PaperArtsy fish stamp embossed in black.  Distressed the edges and then two layers of clear embossing to get the glass effect.  When it was cold, I created the cracks by bending the card.  

This was stapled to the watercolour paper and before I stuck it down I used a water soluble and ordinary brown pencil to scribble the square.

I think I'm going to enjoy using this journal in this way, quite quick using up scraps as I create bigger pieces. Still not sure whether I'm ready to write personal stuff in it yet though!
 

Hugs
Jo
xx






4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Jo! (I don't write anything in mine, lol!) the atc with the fish is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background Jo, the watermarks really finish it off. Glad that you are enjoying your book. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful, the ATC looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning mop up page Jo, the fish ATC looks perfect on your background. Great way to use your journal.

    Taken me a LONG TIME to write anything in any of my journals as i don't like to write about personal experiences. Started using single words which capture my emotion in the moment of creating the page. Hope this helps but you never have to write anything so there is no pressure:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!