Saturday 10 May 2014

Fish cakes

I made a card, I don't have anyone to send it to, but yes I made a card!

Actually I made a card to have a go at potato printing for the Craft Stamper, Take It Make It Challenge. 


I selected my potato, didn't have many big ones in the cupboard and this was at 6.00am, so that dictated how big my stamp would be.  I knew I wanted to do a block stamp and then a "shape" over the top.  It needed to be a simple shape so fish it was!

Carved the shapes and let them dry a bit to let the moisture and starch evaporate so they would hopefully give a cleaner less sticky stamp.

Taking some card I cut a 6x6" square and added a rough layer of Lake Wanaka and then Beach Hut PaperArtsy Fresco paint.  I stamped the ship from Hot Pick 1202 in Aquamarine Archival Ink in the middle and then second generation stamping around the edges a bit to fill in the gaps and add some texture. 

Then I took my oblong potato stamp and used it with Space Cadet Fresco paint.  Then using Ice Blue I stamped my fishes.

I needed to reduce the size of the card so it would fit on a square Kraft Card blank. 

I then distressed the edges and used Peacock Feathers and Vintage Photo Distress Ink along the edge, added some stitching to frame it and then stamped fish using WOW Primary Lagoon Embossing powder and the letters from Words Plate 2 from PaperArtsy. 

Quite quick and reasonably "clean and simple" for me!

And why fishcakes? Well, fish and potato of course!

Hugs
Jo
xx



15 comments:

  1. oh I like it, and a great choice of potato stamp for the background! Hope you find someone to send the card to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, it is fantastic! I love the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fabric and stitching. Cute fish, where's my chips? Colour fab too. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has turned out brilliantly, I love it!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant title lol! Hope your card finds a home very soon.

    The potato stamping article is a fab idea, you have carved out great shapes. Your colour choices are seaside/water based too, very cleverly put together :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the double carved stamps! Both are very well done and clear. Your card is beautiful and any one would love to receive it. Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant fish stamp I love it, thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this ..... great idea with the double potato stamping and the fish looks fab. Thank you for joining in with the Take It Make It Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, love the fishcakes! The ship is an ideal background stamp to highlight your lovely carved images. Thanks for joining in with Take It Make It challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jo you are clever love the colours and composition

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card! I love the colour combo and your potato stamp is great! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful card! Thank you for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fish card! So happy you joined in at the tKe it make it challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huh??? I am sure I commented on this fab card! Mind you since I had my new phone some of the blog comments I try to leave from it keep bouncing back at me as undelivered emails so this was probably one of them. No idea how to stop it :-(.

    Well done on a very worthy 3rd place in the challenge. The stamped collage completed with your potato stamping is great. I have a nephew for whom that card would be perfect!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!