Sunday 13 April 2014

Shabby chic mini art display

I quite like using small canvases (to be honest I quite like using large canvases as well) to make my art and I've amassed quite a few and I needed somehow to display them better.

So I came up with this idea.

I got a sheet of plywood and cut it into three roughly A3 size. Gave them all a coat of birch  Eco paint,just a rough layer. Sanded it and then added soft moss rubbed on with a baby wipe and stencilled in eggshell.

Sanded them all really well to get them really distressed and reveal some of the plywood (I'd chosen a really dark sheet from the DIY store). Placed the canvases on, knocked some  nails in and voila!

The shelves have been in situ quite a while and the plywood just fits! 

I really like it, I've got a couple of gaps and I can swap the canvases around as I make more or get bored of these ones!

Simple and effective, but boy do my knees hurt kneeling on the floor to work on these boards.

Hugs
Jo
xx




6 comments:

  1. Fab display Jo, I can spy a gap at the top ready for a couple more to be added xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab, Jo.. you've done far more than I have today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to display your canvases, such a brilliant idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea Jo! Wish I had room for shelf space in my craftroom but you don't get many 'walls' in a conservatory, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley ~Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!