Wednesday 25 September 2013

Still kicking that seaside vibe

Well I so enjoyed the colours on the last piece I made with JOFY seaside stamps, I needed to do some more.

I used the same Green Olives, Tinned Peas, Sage and Concrete PaperArtsy Fresco paints colour combo on this square canvas.

I also added some stencilling with Grunge Paste(gotta have some texture!)

The wooden fence is actually lolly sticks that I wiped Sage and Concrete lightly with Cut-n-Dry.  Cut the ends and then used rusting powder to distress further.

The little row of beach huts were stamped on a scrap of patterned paper that I'd swiped some Concrete on and them stamped and embossed with brown embossing powder and cut out. 

These were stuck onto a scrap of linen that had a little bit of Walnut Stain smeared over it and finally the sentiment added on a scrap of the patterned paper.

A tiny smidge of Sherbet over the stencilling just to add some contrast  and pick up some of the colour on the patterned paper just finishes it off I think.

Really pleased with the rusty fence, I think it looks great as another layer of texture on the canvas and continues the beachy theme.

I've added another photo in to show how sunny it was on Sunday (husband was happy as he could keep his shorts on for WW weigh in, he's dreading having to be weighed in jeans and suffer a bit of a gain!) and how the colours look so different 

Well until next time, hope you are all enjoying playing with your stash from your latest shopping venture wherever that may have been (clears throat to admit I haven't put mine away from Ally Pally yet ...).

hugs
jo
xx

9 comments:

  1. Did you share your Ally Pally stash buys with us? I can't remember.... lol!! This is gorgeous, Jo!! I love the rustic vibe it's giving off, and it really looks like it's a piece of seaside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great canvas Jo. So what did you get from AP then? Are you going to show us your new stash?

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous, I love the wooden fence & the texture on the canvas looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...really cool canvas Jo, love the whole shabby seaside vibe, smiley eyes from me...:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! your stuff is stunning :) I can't wait to see your project's this week at Paperartsy. Love your style

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous shabby make - absolutely love all the pieces I've just scrolled past, and your PA stuff has been gorgeous too... still catching up because of house-moving, but I'm signing up here!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!