Monday 12 March 2012

Green

You know how sometimes you think, I want to make art and I need to make it with xxx (insert a colour, an image, a certain type of material), you know something SPECIFIC.  Well that was me Saturday morning.  

My husband had treated me to some of the new Vintage Collection stamps from PaperArtsy for my birthday. I had given him very specific (see that word again) instructions on which ones I wanted and that they had to be on EZ mount (no faffing around for me with that blinkin sticky stuff).  Seeing this one I knew I wanted to use green especially given that huge leaf behind him which looks like ivy (or it could be a maple leaf but he looks English to me, so it's ivy - ok?).

Got all my green Fresco Finish paints out and started. Oh and I knew I wanted to use metal as well.

The 8x8 background was a thin sheet of card with odd scraps of patterned paper glued on top, I then rolled over some gesso, before it dried fully I scraped a credit card over it in places to create lines and reveal the background papers which all had pinky and blue hues to them. Clear embossed the numbers from the plate randomly over the gesso.

Went over the lot in Limelight and Hey Pesto and then used the circle stencil over that in places with Toad Hall and then Hyde park as well in places.  the scroll mask was also Hyde Park.  Used a wet wipe to "clean" the embossed numbers and gave the whole thing a good sand.  Stamped the text stamp in Sepia Archival in random places. Edged with Pine Needles Distress Ink.

Mr Melodica (for that is his name you know) was stamped and embossed in black soot distress powder on a background piece of scrap painted with Hey Pesto  and Hyde Park. I then used my Oil Pastels to colour him in.  The ghosting around the edge of him is done with the grey oil pastel.

The green metal was cut with with a Tim on the edge die and embossed.  Gave it a good sand to reveal the silver. The green tag was one I had knocking around for ages already painted so I just edged it with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

I was tempted not to do any sewing as I've done a lot recently but I couldn't resist so got my box of silks, fibres and threads out out, selected some bits and bobs and stitched away!

Couldn't resist the bottle green velvet ribbon and finally some Prima flowers.  I ummed and aahed over the flowers as they are a bit "green" if you know what I mean but I think they work (you will tell me won't you?).

Right that's me done for the night I have an idea for the Sunday Stamper challenge from Hels but first I really need to do some ironing, no really I do or else I'm going to arrested tomorrow at work for nude librarianship!

hugs

jo
xx

3 comments:

  1. Jo this is lovely!! I love green... in fact am using it again myself tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!!!! You've inspired me to make a green project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this. I'm really inspired by the depth of the background all achieved in one colour as well as your usual standard of incredibly good stitching etc. Wondering if I can be cheeky and say the flowers are my favourite bit... but then I would be lying because the metal is my fave part... oh and the stamp too(it's not ivy - sycamore possibly if we want to be British?!) Anyhoo - love this lots - you are a clever girlie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!