Thursday 15 March 2012

Beach hut bliss

Helloooooooooo!

Ages ago (it might only have been last week, but I can't remember, the weeks are just racing by at the moment and I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday let alone last week!) I said I wanted to play with kraft card and yellow and I ended up doing something completely different.  Well the idea stuck with me and I needed to make it to get it out of the system if you know what I mean (do you or is it just me, it could be just me, I'm happy to accept that I might be a bit odd).

So in between green and chocolate I made this.

Started off with an 8x8 square of heavy kraft card and stencilled lovely Fresco Finish Pumpkin Soup and Haystack over the bingo mask in a couple of the corners bumping it a bit to get the shadow. Didn't cover it all just sort of haphazard and a bit shabby grungy!

Round the edge of the kraft card I did some sewing and added a scrap of calico and the seaside stamp from this PaperArtsy plate.  Love the fishes and the shells on this plate, so added a few shells in a very green Stazon. Distressed the seaside  words with a sanding block and some Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

The kraft tag was rollered with gesso and a very faint stamping in pumice of a large damask stamp.  The little house from PaperArtsy was painted in Beach Hut and South Pacific Fresco Finish and the edges given a good sand. A little red heart free hand drawn in red pencil. 

Under the tag I put loads (loads might be a bit of an exaggeration, but lets say less than 10 but more than 2) of layers: a yellow tab cut from a Tim on the edge die, some corrugated card and a scrap of yellow dotty card edged in Mustard Seed Distress In.

On the top of the tag a strip of yellow felt given a scalloped edge with a Tim on the edge die and a strip of large yellow ric-rac.  Little bit of stitching to anchor it down and add a bit more texture. And of course a yellow Prima flower.

I am pleased with it, it's what I sort of envisaged, fairly clean, minimal colours that were fresh and vibrant.  The embellishments sit togethr nicely, there are different textures and shapes, so yep - it's a good 'un! 

hugs

jo
xx
 

3 comments:

  1. I like this!! The colours are fab, as are all the different layers & textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous - the texture is great, as Kirsten says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how these ideas take you isn't it? I have one about kraft card and Victorian Velvet (I suspect I've done it before) that just won't go away...! This is simply lovely. That Bingo mask is my favourite and every time I use it I think of you 'cos you were then when it 'fell' in to my basket! Loving all the textures too - you were on to a good roll here and I LOVE it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!