Sunday 8 January 2012

Sunshine - please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well woke up this morning to another dreary sludgy grey day.  The only way you can tell it's morning is it's a lighter shade of grey!  I think this afternoon will be a curl up on the sofa and snooze kind of afternoon with lots of tea.

So in order to bring some colour into my day I quickly made this in between having breakfast, having a bath and putting some washing on (I'm a woman, I multi task!)

Started with some white card and misted Mustard Seed Glimmer Mist over a flower stencil. I'm really loving this messy splodged look at the moment, bit Jackson Pollock but less spots and splatters (lordly that's a lot of alliteration, obviously been listening to too much Radio 4)!

Next added a messy oblong of Pumpkin Soup Fresco paint with some Butternut over the top through a diamond stencil. A script stamp over that in Scattered Straw Distress Ink.

On the left of the page I stamped a new stamp got in the LB Crafts sale (sniff sniff) again in Scattered Straw.

Added a strip of yellow / orangey spotty paper edged in Spiced Marmalade and stamped the Grecian stamp in Spiced Marmalade.  The photo is one of mine I think taken yonks ago at the Eden Project.
 
Distressed the edge of the white card and layered onto some Tulip yellow co-ordinations cardstock.

It is really quite zingy and sunshiny, so rather than put straight in the 8x8 album I think I shall display on my notice board in the craft room (I shall have to clear the noticeboard first but we are on a clear up chuck out operation at the moment so it was on the list!)

Have fun wherever you are and I hope you see a glimmer (or more) of sunshine.

Hugs

jo
xx

1 comment:

  1. i've been missing out on hopping over to some blogs lately, had i known i was missing on this one, i would've come sooner (is that sentence even english??)
    i loooove orange and stencils, so combinging both can only be eye candy to me! and... how's the clear up chuck out operation getting along? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!