Saturday 11 September 2010

Taken the plunge!

So I've done it, finally plucked up enough courage to start publishing in cyber world and letting other people see my art work apart from my dear husband who is frankly running out of nice things to say!


The look of my blog may change as I play around a bit more with fonts, layout styles and colours but the name certainly won't. It took me most of the day to come up with a title I really liked - shabby because that's the style I feel most comfortable in creating (might have something to do with an inability to be neat and tidy) and dandelion because I'm fascinated with them as a flower, well the seed heads really as yellow really isn't me, something to do with getting impaled on a gorse bush as a child - deep deep trauma!

So here is something I created a couple of weeks ago as the project I'm working on this weekend isn't quite finished - that's the blog entry for tomorrow.

The frame (Ikea) is painted in white and a pale brown and then strips of Tim Holtz tissue tape added on top and again paint lightly rubbed on and off with a baby wipe. Spare bits of gold metal sandwich were also added. The middle bit is a number of layers starting with card that has been painted in similar colours sprayed with glimmer mist in coffee and over stamped with a text stamp, the edges have been distressed by running an old scalpel along the edge. the corrugated card was ripped and again rubbed with white acrylic. On top of that is a small piece of mountboard covered in book text and inked with I think burlap Distress Ink, edged with white as well. Finally on top is a PaperArtsy moth in gold metal stamped on top with the moth stamp in sepia archival and edged with a metal wheel tool.

Phew as a first blog that was pretty long! Right Merlin to watch on TV


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!